Tuesday, May 18

a spoonful of happy...


it feels like rainy day recess here in the shed.
after several days of sunny temps
we are now back to dull and wet.
i fear i match the weather.
dull, gray and feeling old as the hills...

but that will never do,
no sirree.
as we are stuck inside looking at the rain dribbling down the window
let us pass the time
with a visit to


perhaps you know of the lovely Anthea already,
then again perhaps not.
i stumbled across Anthea a few weeks back...
i wish i could recall how i did but i can't.
this very fact has me realizing i need to start keeping notes to cover where my tracks have been. that way i won't lie awake at night being bothered by my lack of recall.



Spoonful is a zine full of happy.
a little read, easily finished in a train ride,
small enough to carry in our pockets
with the ability to take us away from everyday cares
and our insanely busy lives.
upon my stumbling i felt a connection...
all that Anthea hopes for her little magazine
is exactly the hopes i have for my little blog.


a few weeks later Anthea appeared in my inbox

just as i had stumbled upon her,
she now stumbled upon me.
somehow it felt our paths were meant to cross...
i admire what Anthea is doing with her little zine
and was tres delighted she wished to have dottie angel amongst it's pages


as i tippity type Issue 2 is at the printers
just looking at the peachy cover makes me want to take a look inside...
i have no idea how my little bit of blurb will look,
but having seen first hand the loveliness of Issue 1
i am quite certain Anthea will have done a peachy job with my ramblings

and for those of you that wish to see first hand for yourselves,
Spoonfulzine can be found in various lovely stores including LARK
(another perfect place to browse when it's rainy day recess i'm thinking)
best of all though,
Spoonfulzine can be found on Etsy
so no matter what corner of the globe you nest in,
you can add a little bit of happy to your day for very little cost.

i wondering when Issue 2 turns up if i may indeed take a train ride
or perhaps a bus,
just so i may take out my little bit of Spoonful,
knowing as i sit amongst my fellow passengers
within my hands i have a little bit of happy
to get me through an insanely busy life


she is hoping the sun will come out tomorrow so we can go out and play ~ Tif

13 comments:

Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy said...

I love the idea of this zine! I just went on Etsy and bought myself a copy! Thanks for sharing!

Sharon Stanley said...

anxiously awaiting a visit to spoonful...i need a little spoonful of happiness today here at farm and fru fru...lovely post.

Unknown said...

what a charming little magazine! congrats on your upcoming feature -- looks like you will fit in there quite perfectly.

candacemorris said...

I am subscribing posthaste!

Sanne said...

AH, lovely :) that would make me smile any day of the week :)

Brenda Pruitt said...

Well, thank you for introducing me to this! Looks very interesting indeed.
Brenda

thea said...

Tif, I have to say that this is the most lovely and complimentary blog post! I'm completely tickled pink a lady of such talent whimsy and magic craft abilities even agreed to be part of our humble little project and am delighted you have done it the great honour of appearing in your blog house.

Issue 2 is so so pretty I'm so excited!! Primarily because your section is just insanely fabulous and your personality shines through every line with grace and happiness. I was at the printers all day yesterday (quite literally) ensuring the colours came out just right. So excited to see it and can't wait to hear what you think... HUGE hug and many thanks for this lovely lovely post.

Anthea.
xx

dottie angel said...

so delighted you like what you see dearest readers :)
and Thea, thank you for your kind words, i cannot wait to see issue 2... i'm so happy to be part of the spoonful world!

Michelle said...

Oh Tif...
Just so lovely...
And even better is the fact that us downunder can buy one from etsy...Yeah!!!
I have bought a Zine here in australia via Jodie at Ricrac and it was just lovely...
Very professional.and so much work that they put into it...
I would love to have my own Zine one day...
They are a very brillant idea...

Michelle said...

Oh my...
They are here in Australia...
How amazing is that!!!
I am rather lost for words!!!

LollyChops said...

What a delightful spot you have here my dear! I heard about from you Sharon of Farm and Fru Fru!

I'll be back!

HUGS!

Emil und die großen Schwestern said...

I like your work, your art! Fantastic! Beautiful Blog! Éva

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this! I have of course bought my Spoonful - you recommended Cloth and I loved that too. Really looking forward to getting my copy - and of course I'll have to have issue 2 now!

E x